When it comes to home improvement, choosing the right flooring is crucial. Engineered hardwood has become a popular choice due to its durability and aesthetic appeal. However, not all engineered hardwood is created equal. This post will guide you through the key indicators of high-quality engineered hardwood and why professional installation can make all the difference.
Understanding Engineered Hardwood
What Is Engineered Hardwood? Unlike solid hardwood, engineered hardwood consists of a thin layer of hardwood bonded over a high-quality plywood core. This construction provides stability and resistance to changes in humidity and temperature.
Benefits of Engineered Hardwood
- Versatility: Suitable for a variety of settings, including areas prone to moisture.
- Durability: Often more stable than solid wood.
- Aesthetics: Offers the beauty of real wood.
Signs of High-Quality Engineered Hardwood
- Thick Veneer Layer: A thicker top layer of real hardwood means longer lifespan and potential for refinishing.
- Plywood Core Quality: Look for multiple layers of high-grade plywood.
- Finish and Coating: Quality finishes protect the wood and enhance its appearance.
- Uniformity and Precision in Milling: Well-milled planks fit together seamlessly, ensuring a smooth, even surface.
- Eco-Friendly Practices: High-quality manufacturers often use sustainable practices.
Why Professional Installation Matters
Preserving Quality: Professional installers ensure that the engineered hardwood is installed correctly, preserving its integrity and appearance.
Maximizing Longevity: Proper installation techniques extend the life of your flooring.
Expertise and Equipment: Professionals have the right tools and knowledge to handle different types of engineered hardwood.
Choosing high-quality engineered hardwood and opting for professional installation are key to achieving a beautiful, long-lasting floor. Pay attention to the veneer thickness, core quality, finish, milling, and environmental practices when selecting your flooring.
Looking for professionals to install and supply quality engineered hardwood flooring in your homes? Talk to our professionals at CMO Floors for a free consultation!