Hardwood floors are a timeless element in home design, offering both beauty and durability. But with changing trends, what hardwood floors truly never go out of style? This post explores the classic hardwood floor styles that continue to be popular, even in homes with modern amenities like radiant floor heating.
Classic Hardwood Floor Styles
1. Oak Hardwood
- Durability and Versatility: Oak is known for its strength and ability to complement various interior designs.
- Variety of Stains: Oak takes stains well, allowing for a range of color options.
2. Maple Hardwood
- Subtle Grain Pattern: Offers a clean, contemporary look that fits modern and traditional spaces.
- Lighter Hues: Perfect for creating a bright, open feel in your home.
3. Walnut Hardwood
- Rich, Deep Color: Adds a touch of luxury and warmth to any room.
- Unique Grain Patterns: Each plank offers a distinct, elegant appearance.
Why Hardwood Floors Are Timeless
- Natural Beauty: The unique grains and textures bring a piece of nature indoors.
- Longevity: Properly maintained hardwood floors can last for decades.
- Versatility in Design: Complements a wide range of interior styles.
Hardwood Floors and Radiant Heat Compatibility
- Professional Installation: Ensure the hardwood and radiant heating system are compatible and properly installed.
- Controlled Heating: Prevents damage to the wood from extreme temperature changes.
Maintenance for Longevity
Regular Care Tips
- Sweeping and Vacuuming: Regular cleaning prevents scratches and damage.
- Avoiding Excessive Moisture: Protects the integrity of the wood.
Hardwood floors, especially oak, maple, and walnut, offer timeless beauty that never goes out of style. When combined with modern amenities like radiant floor heating, they provide both aesthetic appeal and functional comfort.
Looking for professionals to install and supply quality hardwood flooring in your homes? Talk to our professionals at CMO Floors for a free consultation!